We just went live with an Indiegogo campaign to raise more money for expanding our Children’s House (3-6 year program). Here’s where we are so far:
The total cost of the project is estimated to be $40,000. Here is where the money will come from.
- $13,000 already raised (hooray!) from a fundraiser and donations
- $12,000 from this campaign (DONATE NOW–THANK YOU)
- $15,000 a direct loan program from families and friends of NRGLC
The huge part of this campaign isn’t necessarily the money each person gives, it’s the number of people who give. We are reaching outside our local community to those who value early childhood education and its role in setting children on a course of exploration, discover and learning for the rest of their lives.
Not sure why this is important? Early childhood education has been shown to give children an advantage during childhood and throughout their adult years, especially areas with marked poverty. Our long term goal is to make the New River Gorge Learning Cooperative available to as many people as possible and this project is just the start.
Still not sure? Check out these four links for the benefits of early childhood education:
- 5 Most Important Things I’ve Learned About Early Childhood Education
- Five Surprising Facts About Early Childhood Education
- The Facts About Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Facts